11.02.2010

An Open Letter to Susan B. Anthony

Dear Ms. Anthony, et aliae

Although you died over 80 years before I was even born, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you.  You, and your colleagues, have done much for me in my life.  While I believe we may differ on some opinions, I will say that on days like today, I am grateful for the opinions that we share.  I am grateful that you spent much of your life championing those opinions.  I'm grateful that people like you felt it was important for the voices of women like me to be heard.  And while I did not fully participate in the proceedings of today's political process, I can assure you it was not due to apathy or ingratitude.  Today I am grateful that I, regardless of my gender, can cast my vote, vocalize my opinion and live according to the dictates of my own conscience.

And for that, I thank you.

Respectfully yours,

Andrea



No comments: